Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Preparation/Party Time!

Eleven days from now will be the start of an epic journey I've been planning and anticipating for quite some time now, and the excitement has really started to kick in!  For those of you who don't know what I'm doing, the abridged version is that I'm volunteering with an organization in Cuernavaca, Mexico for the next six months, working in community gardens and public parks. The tentative plan after the six months is to travel throughout Latin America for a few months, working on farms, maybe in some hostels, just putzing around. Before jetting off south of the border, I'll be spending one week in NYC, catching up with some good oldies and bopping around the city, and then another week in San Fran with the brothers and family members.

But first things first!!

This week will be quite an ongoing fiesta. Jeremy (my brother) and Aaron (my soon to be brother) are getting married on Friday!!! And so begins a week of family get togethers and nights full of champagne, which I'm looking forward to :)

I just moved all my stuff back home from Burlington to Waterbury today. Quite the overwhelming experience, but that just means I'm one step closer to this trip! So it will be a week of unpacking, re-packing, inventorying, buying some supplies, and hanging with family and friends as much as possible!

More to come soon :)
Nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment